Message of Hope as a Pathway out of Homelessness
Organizations that help the homeless
Welcome Back to AS I’m Joanne Williams, for part 2 of Pathway out of Homelessness. we are here to share compelling strategies I have used in my 30 year as a mental health professional with success with my clients as life skills, that you can use as well you make your life just a little easier with less anxiety and more confidence simply when practiced.
Today we have a special guest Wayne Shipman that shared his story of homelessness to a business owner in Part 1 Pathway out of Homelessness and wants to share a message of hope with solutions to the Homeless population and their families and the public help them know and understand that there are things that you can do to help.
Welcome back Wayne and thank you for sharing your compelling story out of homeless. Part 2 is to share more solutions for their families and ways you have found that each of can help.
He is still Engaged with homeless.
MH health issues is huge. 70% stuck resources for emotional issues. Recovery. Shame.
Covid has affected everything.
Emergency homeless assistance
Shout out- Stop police PO and security guard asking call off the harassment where do you have them go.
Life skills set, are needed. The snowball effects.
Get away from it alone. Come back to self. Set boundaries of no.
Solutions to homelessness
Start each day with a routine to check in with a daily routine. Mental toughness.
- Hope is a rope tied to something secure. Constant reminder to not give up,
- Set out notebooks, stamped envelopes and pens. Loved ones of the homeless anxious and vulnerable.
- Mindset to thrive, be Ready,
- We have always issues and feel helpless, we made it thru the crisis, the healing can begin. Powerless because of Covid, small parts each have a part.
Grants for homeless
What would you want a homeless person to hear and their families or the public as ways they can help.
- Coming together having the will to help and help them find hope. Give encouragement and reach out
- Analogue of hope- Inspiring messages of self help material tapes players to increase their skills.
- Homeless need to take responsibility for their own safety.
- MH as an issue.
- Agency band together forces of PO instead of protecting them.
We can do something, not the politics of blaming or judging.
Acrossthemiles.com to share
This is by no means a replacement for therapy of any medical attention if you need it. Always reach out and take care of yourself or if you are feeling like you want to hurt yourself, there is always someone standing by at 1800-273-8255 or call 911. Remember to Share the Love.
AnxietySimplified.net Podcast videos to feel more in control of your life.ESA Pros.com for an emotional support animal or a Psychiatric Service Dog to go with you everywhere you go
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording is answering your questions, from Face book at AnxietySimplified.net. Leave comments in the comment section, we will answer on a Podcast on that subject. So, listen for your question. Or share it with someone who may be helped with that answer.